Friday, August 06, 2010

#342 A Bit Fishy

I like to think I'm a bit of a gourmand, I follow one rule when perusing menus in expensive restaurants - ignore any dish costing more than 10€ ;-)

However the other day was (apparently) our wedding anniversary so when we went out to eat I ignored my costing rule and also my "wtf is that?" criteria and ordered something I didn't know called Sandre. This turned out to be a very nice piece of fresh water fish much esteemed locally.

I checked with wikipedia and found its alternate spelling Zander, this picture and a little story to go with it:

In July 2009 in Switzerland, a zander attacked tourists in a Lake near Italy, sending two to the Emergency Room with the worst cut being about 10 centimeters long. The zander was later caught by the local police who cooked it and offered it to the tourists for the trouble it caused. It is very unusual for zanders to attack humans.