Tuesday, September 02, 2008

#227 Requena - Las Chorreras - Valencia

Friday we buzzed up to the XVIII Feria Requenense Del Vino which is a big wine fair in Requena to taste a few reds, buy some bottles ( I bought Sucesión Reserva 2004), dine out in the street, watch a load of loonies in blood red costumes hurl fireworks all over the road and then back to our friends José Luis y Beatriz's house for what remained of the night.

Saturday morning José Luis took us up to a load of waterfalls called Las Chorreras (near Enguidanos, provincia de Cuenca). I slept off last night's vino in the back of his car and the rest got wet.

Sat. pm. down to Valencia to have a glass with our mate Chus who was guiding and riding a group of mountain bikers on the Ruta del Cid - Valencia was their final stage. (I rode the same Ruta with Chus a few years ago).

Picked up Carrie from the railway station, then back home.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi John, Do you remembered me ? I'm Patrick PARMANTIER.I was the organiser of the Lac Chambon triathlon in 87!You came to my house just before you travel in bike to the Avignon triathlon championship. I know it's old days... I lived now in South Africa with my wife Valerie and my 2 children Maxime (14) and Elise (6). I hope you and your wife are well. my e-mail adress is patrick@ifas.org.za Best regards Patrick